The family of Ronald and Darlene Hensley are celebrating their 60th year of marriage. Ronald met Darlene at the drug store in Cheyenne where she worked. He says he fell in love with her because she made good banana splits and gave him extra goodies. They were married on September 7, 1958 in Amarillo, Texas. With a hundred dollars of borrowed money, they took a honeymoon to Carlsbad Caverns. After a brief stay in Dumas, Texas they moved to the Durham area in 1959 where they still live today.
About The Author
- Class of 1969 Honors Dale Cockrell
- Local Post Offices Collects Canned Food for Regional Food Bank
- Work continues on the Ceiling and Lighting project in the Cheyenne Old Gym. Rene Gonzales is seen removing tiles and fixtures. (photo provided)
- Claude Richard ‘C.R.’ Sadler 1923 ~ 2019
- June Loree Summers 1944 ~ 2019